Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mickey and Minnie Tote Bags

I wanted to give the kiddos a little something of their own to hold their autograph books and their pens, so I made some little tote bags:


I cut out a Mickey/Minnie silhouette from some foam paper:


And wrote the names in fabric paint:


For Minnie, I attached a bow with my glue gun:


I found some autograph books (they were really just notebooks but they did the trick!) for 99 cents from Party City.  I also found some notebooks and cut out some Mickey/Minnie pictures from a Dollar Tree book and applied it to the notebooks with my hot glue gun.  These make perfect sticker books and/or coloring books for the flight:


We are off to Disney tomorrow!

4 comments :

  1. What a cute idea! You have to tell me, did the kids enjoy getting autographs! I'm not sure Sophia will get the whole autograph thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, what fabric paint do you use/recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 4 kiddos, from ages almost 4 - 21 months loved getting the autographs; they caught on right away and loved having their own book! At first I used fabric paint from The Dollar Tree but I ran out before I had finished all 4 bags so I ended up using glittery fabric paint from Target. All 4 turned out beautifully! I took a picture of all 4 but deleted it by accident :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! I didn't know the dollar store sold fabric paint! I'm going to have to make a trip there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete