Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pirate Week: Digging for Treasure

Monkey J ran outside super excited when I told him we were going to dig for treasure!


I took our gold coins, our flags, some shells, and some pirates and put them in our makeshift sandbox:


I left some coins on top and buried a whole bunch...


Collecting his booty:




While Monkey J counted his coins:


Monkey A collected all of the pirate flags:


And would then stick them back in the sand; a great fine motor skill practice:


An easy set-up for a fun-filled afternoon!  P.S.  I am just not a fan of sandboxes.  Maybe a real sandbox would be less work, but I find them to be so messy and then you have to cover them because of animals and/or if it rains.  Seems like a lot of trouble!  What are your thoughts on sandboxes?

No comments :

Post a Comment