Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Green Week: Sensory Bin and Green Foam Dough

Upon returning from vacation in beautiful Isle of Palms, SC, we had a blast doing our green week theme this week.  Because I didn't have much time to prepare for green week since we arrived late Saturday evening and unpacked Sunday, I had the little monkeys help me put together our green sensory bin:


I had them fill up our green basket with our green filler (split green peas)



I then asked Monkey J to fill up the basket with green items from our playroom:


Soon we had a whole basket of green:


And that completed our green sensory bin!


We ate from green bowls:


Took a green bath (but pictures are censored! Hehe!)  And made some really neat foam dough using equal parts shaving cream and cornstarch:


Of course we mixed in some green food coloring for green week:




This stuff is so neat!  The shaving cream keeps it fluffy but the cornstarch makes it almost mold-able:





No comments :

Post a Comment